Glaukos is an ophthalmic medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of breakthrough products and procedures designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world's leading causes of blindness. We have pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. We launched the iStent, our first MIGS device, in the United States in July 2012 and we are leveraging our platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression. We believe the iStent is the smallest medical device ever approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, measuring 1.0 mm long and 0.33 mm wide.
The Chemist II position, based in San Clemente, California supports research and development of intra-ocular drug delivery and/or glaucoma devices and inserters. The position involves 1) maintenance and execution of HPLC method assays, 2) formulation development of small molecules and 3) pharmaceutical engineering / process development. This position is expected to be capable of assisting senior members with drug development and pharmaceutical engineering activities with little to no supervision. This position is also responsible for handling GMP controlled studies that require knowledge of GMP methodology.
• Maintenance, method validations, and assays
• Write, review, and execute GMP and R+D tests
• Participate in GMP builds of product for in vivo studies
• Design and conduct research activities for drug development
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in medical device development or pharmaceutical development. Prior research in another field may be substituted if there is sufficient evidence of laboratory skill developed in that field.
• Previous experience with HPLC is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ophthalmic knowledge of eye anatomy, physiology, and diseases. This may be acquired through Glaukos course training.
• Knowledge of analytical methods beyond HPLC such as NMR, FT-IR and Dissolution
• Working knowledge of Quality Systems and GMP methods. Ability to execute GMP protocols with minimal supervision.
• Trained using CAD modeling (SolidWorks preferred)
• Experience in formulation development of APIs
BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline. An advanced degree is helpful but not required.
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture: https://www.themuse.com/companies/glaukoscorporation
Glaukos has been recognized by the Orange County Business Journal as one of the best companies to work for in in Orange County, check out page 8 at http://www.cbjonline.com/a1ocbj/lists/List-2017-OC_Best-Places-to-Work.pdf
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.