Country Manager, Israel
Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel surgical devices and sustained pharmaceutical therapies designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world’s leading causes of blindness.
The company pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, in order to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. Glaukos launched the iStent®, its first MIGS device, in the United States in 2012 and is leveraging its platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression.
The company’s second-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA in June 2018. The company believes the iStent inject,® measuring 0.23 mm wide and 0.36 mm long, is the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA.
In June 2015, Glaukos completed an initial public offering and our shares are now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Clemente, California.
The general overview of this position will cover:
- Responsible for the creation and execution of market entry and customer development strategy to drive fast adoption of the iStent Trabecular Microbypass Systems in Israel
- Definition of the go to market strategy, creation of target customer lists, planning and execution of clinical studies and building customer awareness through conferences and tradeshows
- Analyzing market data to identify key business drivers and growth opportunities
- Undertaking market and competitive analysis to ensure pricing, market access and commercialization strategies position product portfolio in the marketplace to optimize revenue and market share
- Working closely with Market Access utilizing tools created by Glaukos to help organisations/hospitals/surgeons complete the required paperwork and present business cases to hospitals enabling reimbursement and the use of the iStent technologies
- Identify and work with referring and receiving doctors undertaking education and information meetings to maximize use of the product by operating surgeons
- Help and co-ordination of putting together Masterclasses, peer to peer and advanced surgical training courses
- Recruit Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) for training and education programs; lead and manage local experience trials
- Responsible for being the subject matter expert on the Glaukos portfolio and will be thought of as the in-market technical expert
- Upstream marketing patient information/testimonials, media articles/tv, video endorsements from both surgeons and patients
Strategy and Market DevelopmentIn partnership with other functional areas, develop and execute go-to-market strategy for iStent portfolio. Work closely with sales organization to understand market access, strategies, sales tactics and competitive landscape in Israel.
KOL Development and Customer EngagementBuild superior knowledge of customer and market needs through developing customer relationships, traveling with the sales team and meeting with customers. These customers will include healthcare and business professionals including end-users, purchaser, payers, and government officials. Recruit Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) for training and education programs. Coordinate local experience trials to facilitate medical society advocacy and market access initiatives.
Sales Team Support and TrainingResponsible for being the subject matter expert on the iStent portfolio and will be thought of as the in-market technical expert. Front line interface with sales team to address their support requirements. In conjunction with Global Marketing, develop and train sales organization iStent portfolio. Be a key driver of sales training program development and execution. Lead sales training classes and other training activities as appropriate. Support Key Account conversion.
Create sales and marketing programs designed to drive sales and profitability by serving as the lead marketing liaison with Sales. Develop tradeshow and education conference strategy, content, and activities. Attend and perform tradeshow duties as required. Ensures marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 7+ years of marketing experience; sales experience a plus
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing marketing plans and managing marketing processes.
- Ophthalmic or medical device experience with increasing responsibilities and demonstrated successes
Minimum of 7+ years of marketing experience; sales experience a plus
Demonstrated track record of success in developing marketing plans and managing marketing processes.
Ophthalmic or medical device experience with increasing responsibilities and demonstrated successes