Business Systems Analyst
Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel surgical devices and sustained pharmaceutical therapies designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world’s leading causes of blindness.
The company pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, in order to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. Glaukos launched the iStent®, its first MIGS device, in the United States in 2012 and is leveraging its platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression.
The company’s second-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA in June 2018. The company believes the iStent inject,® measuring 0.23 mm wide and 0.36 mm long, is the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA.
In June 2015, Glaukos completed an initial public offering and our shares are now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Clemente, California.
The Business Systems Analyst, based in San Clemente, California, will report to the Sr. Director, Business Systems and will perform all tasks required to oversee the organizations business systems and troubleshooting of all key current and future business. Responsibilities include Application Management, working within the application to support business requirements and other duties as assigned to ensure business systems operate effectively.
· Responsible for maintenance, performance of systems and administrative tasks to support all production, development and test environments.
· Develop and maintain the procedure, controls, documentation, and methodology for monthly and ad hoc development and test environment refreshes.
· Demonstrated experience with ETL processes, data conversion, middleware products and data transfer protocols required.
· Document, coordinate, control and execute process and administration of moving business system changes from existing development environments to existing test environments, and from existing test environments to existing production environments ensuring clean-break handoff of environmental changes following best practices.
· Periodically and proactively review schedule methodology and institute changes to meet dynamically changing business needs.
· Manage, maintain, and both proactively and reactively address all environmental and system alerts for all key business systems. Tasks include periodic review of the landscape to proactively put forth recommendations on enhancing thresholds, distribution, and use of technological solutions to enhance visibility into any potential issues.
· Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve user based issues in support off key business systems to include but not limited to; Oracle Cloud ERP, Salesforce, data extracts and business reporting.
· Manage and maintain user based accounts and access within key business systems to include a strategy for AD accounts/Application log-ins, as well as segregation of data visibility as it pertains to SOX compliance.
· Participation in all required UATs (User Acceptance Testing) as required for key business systems, manage maintenance windows in support of each application as it relates to business needs, and financial impacts.
· 2 to 5 years of experience with various Cloud Applications and application support, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
· Relevant experience with Oracle products desired.
· Strong working knowledge of windows environment, LDAP/SSO, and AD management strongly desired.
· Must have thorough knowledge of wide ranging IT applications support.
· Business Systems Administration (Oracle, SFDC)
· Strong Middleware understanding (Fusion, Mulesoft)
· Strong communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
· Must have ability to prioritize, be highly organized and work well under pressure.
· Must be able to work independently, as well as collaborate inter-departmentally, with key Stakeholders, and with outside vendors/contractors.
· Must be able to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills.
· Must be willing to learn additional application, monitoring, analytic, and tools approaches.
· Support technical interfaces to deliver data transfers and update/modify as needed. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
· The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
· Bachelor’s Degree
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture.
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.