Strategic Account Manager
Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel surgical devices and sustained pharmaceutical therapies designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world’s leading causes of blindness.
The company pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, in order to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. Glaukos launched the iStent®, its first MIGS device, in the United States in 2012 and is leveraging its platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression.
The company’s second-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA in June 2018. The company believes the iStent inject,® measuring 0.23 mm wide and 0.36 mm long, is the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA.
In June 2015, Glaukos completed an initial public offering and our shares are now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Clemente, California.
The Strategic Account Manager, OH, MI, IN (SAM) is responsible for training, educating and helping to integrate iStent technology into their assigned accounts. The SAM will attend surgeries and assist surgeons/Residents in order to achieve the desired surgical outcomes for the patient. The SAM will achieve these standards by focusing on Wet labs, surgical proctoring, product education and technology knowledge while managing their assigned accounts for the best return on investment.
· Attend the initial iStent surgeries until the surgeon and residents are confident and skilled to perform the procedure.
· Develop a best in class wet lab training and execute at target institutions.
· Attend surgeries as needed to update on new techniques to improve surgical outcomes.
· Educate 2nd and 3rd year residents on MIGS technology, the Glaucoma market and changing therapy paradigm. Train clinic staff and the doctor to recognize and convert patients to iStent technology using the Glaukos Practice System (GPS).
· Work with the surgeon and staff to educate and assist in getting proper reimbursement for the Glaukos iStent.
· Conduct training and education meetings with residents, clinic staff, Attending surgeons and program heads to advance iStent technology and future opportunity
· 8 Years of medical sales experience (surgical ophthalmic experience preferred).
· 4+years of ophthalmic pharmaceutical experience highly desired
· The preferred candidate would have both ophthalmic surgical and pharmaceutical experience
· Experience working in Ophthalmic teaching environments with residents preferred
· Experience developing and expanding new technology and market opportunities
· Ability to building relationships and interact with all levels internally and at the customer level.
· Proven ability to build and retain customer base.
· Experience with tracking software - CRM.
· Ability to work within a within budget.
· Ability to comply with procedures and processes
· Proven experience meeting and exceeding assigned goals.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Concentration in Business or Marketing preferred.
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture.
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.