Territory Manager, Southwest England, South Wales Area
Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel surgical devices and sustained pharmaceutical therapies designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world’s leading causes of blindness.
The company pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, in order to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. Glaukos launched the iStent®, its first MIGS device, in the United States in 2012 and is leveraging its platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression.
The company’s second-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA in June 2018. The company believes the iStent inject,® measuring 0.23 mm wide and 0.36 mm long, is the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA.
In June 2015, Glaukos completed an initial public offering and our shares are now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Clemente, California.
The Territory Manager, based in the Southwest England/South Wales area, will be responsible for achieving quarterly sales objectives by selling to targeted ophthalmic surgeons within their territory as well as proactively prospecting new business opportunities to grow sales within the territory. They will be responsible for training and helping to integrate the iStent technology into the practice. The TM will attend surgeries and help the surgeon to achieve optimal outcomes for the patient. High standards / achievements to be obtained by focusing on the customer while managing the territory for the best return on investment. In addition the TM is to seek endorsement of iStent technologies from glaucoma and cataract KOLs on territory. On some occasions the TM may be required to help colleagues or support other territories.
|· Initiate sales calls to sell the surgeon on the Glaukos iStent.|
· Prospect new business opportunities within the territories.
· Initiate surgical wet-labs to train the surgeons.
|· Attend the initial iStent surgeries until the surgeon is confident and skilled to perform the cases. |
· Attend surgeries on a regular basis after training for in servicing / follow up to ensure correct usage of the product resulting in optimal outcomes
· Attend surgeries as needed to update on new techniques to improve surgical outcomes.
· Train all health care professionals in the clinic/hospital and the doctors to recognize and convert patients to the iStent technology using Glaukos Practice Systems (GPS).
|· Work with the surgeon and staff to educate and assist in getting proper reimbursement for the Glaukos iStent. In markets where the reimbursement is through a hospital budget, private insurance payment or patient payment, the RBM will aid in facilitating payment process. |
· Liaise with the ophthalmic business unit manager or hospital manager to facilitate reimbursement and or payment
· Attend targeted meetings as directed to increase sales lead opportunities and protect existing business.
· Obtain feedback on competitors , their activities and pricing
· 3 plus years of medical sales experience (either surgical is required or pharmaceutical).
· Surgical experience is essential, ophthalmology preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proven experience meeting and exceeding targeted goals
· Ability to building relationships and interact with all levels
· Proven ability to build and retain customer base
· Experience with tracking software - Sugar CRM a plus
· Ability to work within a within budget
· Ability to comply with procedures and processes
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Concentration in Business or Marketing preferred.
Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture.
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.