Sr. Regional Business Manager, Chicago
Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel surgical devices and sustained pharmaceutical therapies designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world’s leading causes of blindness.
The company pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, in order to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. Glaukos launched the iStent®, its first MIGS device, in the United States in 2012 and is leveraging its platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression.
The company’s second-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA in June 2018. The company believes the iStent inject,® measuring 0.23 mm wide and 0.36 mm long, is the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA.
In June 2015, Glaukos completed an initial public offering and our shares are now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Clemente, California.
The Senior Regional Business Manager, based in Chicago is a remote/field-based sales role, responsible for training and helping to integrate the iStent technology into the practice. The Senior Regional Business Manager will achieve quarterly sales objectives by selling to targeted ophthalmic surgeons within their territory and will attend surgeries and help the surgeon to achieve the desired surgical outcomes for the patient. The Senior Regional Business Manager will achieve these standards by focusing on the customer while managing the territory for the best return on investment.
· Initiate sales calls to sell the surgeon on the Glaukos iStent.
· Initiate surgical wet-labs to train the surgeon.
· Attend the initial iStent surgeries until the surgeon is confident and skilled to perform the cases.
· Attend surgeries as needed to update on new techniques to improve surgical outcomes.
· Train the office staff and the doctor to recognize and convert patients to the iStent technology using Glaukos Practice System (GPS).
· Work with the surgeon and staff to educate and assist in getting proper reimbursement for the Glaukos iStent.
· 8 Years of medical sales experience (3 years surgical Ophthalmic preferred) with a proven track record at least 5 years of ophthalmic pharmaceutical experience.
· Meeting targeted goals.
· Building relationships.
· Opening new territories.
· Retaining customers.
· Experience with tracking software – SalesLogix a plus.
· Working within budget.
· Compliance with procedures and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing Major preferred.
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture.
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.