Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel surgical devices and sustained pharmaceutical therapies designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world’s leading causes of blindness.
The company pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, in order to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. Glaukos launched the iStent®, its first MIGS device, in the United States in 2012 and is leveraging its platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression.
The company’s second-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA in June 2018. The company believes the iStent inject,® measuring 0.23 mm wide and 0.36 mm long, is the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA.
In June 2015, Glaukos completed an initial public offering and our shares are now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Clemente, California.
The Facilities Manager position based in San Clemente, California will be responsible for directing internal Facility Coordinators/Technicians/Receptionists while managing all day-to-day facilities operations in a corporate and manufacturing environment. This includes directing staff and overseeing the upkeep of equipment to ensure the buildings, equipment, and grounds are maintained, including safety inspections and employee relocations. Oversee owned and leased properties and ensure they are maintained within acceptable office and cGMP standards and are in a safe and operable condition. Successfully interact with people at all levels including top-level executives. Oversee a team of facilities service contract personnel whose services include building maintenance, equipment maintenance, waste removal, janitorial, security, receptionist, movers, furniture, landscapers, first aid, pest control, food services and others as required. Manages to and assists with planning an annual multi-million dollar expense and capital budget. Assist with coordination for small to mid-sized facilities modifications/construction projects. Assist with contract, purchase, and service agreements. Collaboration with counterparts in R&D, Engineering, Quality, Operations and Manufacturing teams to ensure that projects are delivered flawlessly within budget and schedule with no customer impact to product service and quality.
· Responsible for all aspects of building services including maintenance, janitorial, mail delivery, site security, pest control, landscaping, and reception.
· Ensure critical building systems are in good working condition and properly maintained to support manufacturing and office functions.
· Perform troubleshooting on building systems and equipment to assign proper resources and path of repair.
· Assist in implementing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs.
· Manage inventory and storage of critical spares, equipment, tools, materials used by Facilities department.
· Ensure all employees adhere to safety policy procedures.
· Plan facilities support planning for employee and furniture moves, adds, and changes.
· Facilities space planning program management.
· Drive budgetary accountability in facilities expense budgets.
· Assists in planning and manages annual facilities budgets.
· Plans and manages all aspects of staff performance and work schedules. Works cross functionally with peers to develop consistent practices related to staff development, performance management, client quality programs/metrics, and cost management.
· Develops and maintains appropriate internal and external customer relationships at all levels, including top level executive group and outside vendor relationships. Assists in assessing, planning, collaborating, and delivering current or additional value-added services.
· Interacts with various internal and external support groups to ensure regulatory, quality, and state compliance systems and processes are implemented.
· Interacts with other resources as necessary to provide comprehensive facility service support.
· Recommends and implements new facilities procedures.
· Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies.
· Manage and develop the site facility support staff to maintain proper internal customer support.
· Scheduling inspections of life safety systems, including, quarterly wet sprinkler inspections and exercise. Semi-annual fire alarm, horn and strobe inspections, fire suppression systems and routine fire extinguisher inspections.
· Assist with event management (planning/safety/setup/teardown/cleaning).
· Manages the facilities and equipment work order tracking system via computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Direct supervision of system admin responsible for data input, integrity, and metrics.
· Develops and ensures on-time maintenance activities per schedule.
· Develops robust maintenance job plans and reliability centered maintenance for both the facility and equipment.
· Utilize Building Management Systems for monitoring critical systems and ensuring efficient use of energy.
Other Duties as Assigned:
· Additional other duties and projects as required.
· Minimum of 8+ years of specialized experience; Facilities Operations (Medical Device Preferred)
· 3+ years of direct staff supervision experience required
· Strong Leadership Skills
· Experience with using a CMMS (Maximo is preferred)
· Dynamic positive attitude
· Strong Communication Skills
· Strong mechanical HVAC and troubleshooting skills
· Strong Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) training and knowledge
· Organizational Agility
· Strong project management skills
· Knowledge of CAL/OSHA safety functions and applicable building codes.
· Knowledge of cGMP and ISO regulations preferred.
· Demonstrated experience managing and overseeing the routine and non-routine maintenance and repair of large commercial buildings and/or an inventory of multiple properties to include maintenance of the grounds, HVAC systems, clean rooms, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems, elevators, uninterrupted power supply equipment, generators, and the structural aspects of buildings.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret architectural and engineering drawings and designs, building information modeling, building codes, fire/life safety detection and suppression systems, environmental management best practices and procedures applicable to facility management, minor renovation TI and construction projects.
· Experience applying quality control and assurance practices to preventative and non-preventative maintenance, minor renovation TI and construction projects, maintenance scheduling techniques, demonstrated use of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), building automation systems, project management software, and AutoCAD.
· Managing financial and service elements of contracts for maintenance and repair services, minor renovation and construction, equipment replacement projects, reviewing contractor invoices for contract compliance, analyzing and negotiating contractor claims and change order requests, compliance with manufacturers and contractor guaranties and warranties.
· Demonstrating effective verbal and written communications skills with technical and non-technical personnel, use of standard computer software for presentations, fiscal monitoring and daily communication.
Physical Job Requirements:
· The ability to work from heights such as rooftops, ledges, scaffolding, including climbing extension ladders and scaffolding;
· The ability to move and handle heavy objects (up to 50 pounds of weight) such as equipment, tools, and other building materials;
· The ability to see objects that are near, far, in color, or at night, possibly including depth perception.
· Have the ability to hear speech or other sounds, possibly including sufficient sensitivity to hear sounds of low volume or in noisy environments.
· Bachelor’s degree required (Facility Management or Facilities Engineering preferred)
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, restricted stock units, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class.
Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture: https://www.themuse.com/companies/glaukoscorporation
Glaukos has been recognized by the Orange County Register as one of the best companies to work for in in Orange County, check out the link https://www.ocregister.com/2018/12/07/top-workplaces-2018-see-the-list-of-all-140-orange-county-honorees/
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.