Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel surgical devices and sustained pharmaceutical therapies designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world’s leading causes of blindness.
The company pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, in order to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. Glaukos launched the iStent®, its first MIGS device, in the United States in 2012 and is leveraging its platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression.
The company’s second-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA in June 2018. The company believes the iStent inject,® measuring 0.23 mm wide and 0.36 mm long, is the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA.
In June 2015, Glaukos completed an initial public offering and our shares are now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Clemente, California.
The Sr. Buyer, based in San Clemente, California will report into the Supply Chain organization within the Global Operations team supporting Clinical and Research and Development from an NPI sourcing perspective.
· Works with R&D / Clinical / Pilot Operations departments to understand sourcing needs for new product introductions.
· Evaluates and sources suppliers that can meet short term NPI needs and long term Operations / Quality and Business requirements.
· Studies market trends and suggests alternate vendors as needed.
· Enters Purchase Orders into the ERP system. Maintains part master and vendor data integrity in ERP system.
· Owns inventory management / business relationship for key vendors - negotiations, supply agreements, pricing. Proactively analyzes capacity, market, supplier risk and implements actions to ensure product supply and reduce Glaukos business risk.
· Assists with supplier quality audits (as needed).
· Works with demand planning to manage ramp up / ramp down of products to minimize E&O.
· Has understanding of the ERP/MRP systems and ability to manage simultaneous projects.
· 4+ years of work experience preferably in regulated industry.
· Additional post-graduate education or ISM / APICS certifications may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
· Ability to interact and lead cross functional teams as needed.
· Able to perform the job in a quality system and regulated environment.
· Must have good oral and written communication skills. Computer Literacy – Proficient.
· Good presentation skills.
· Minimum travel as needed.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Operations preferred.
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, restricted stock units, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture: https://www.themuse.com/companies/glaukoscorporation
Glaukos has been recognized by the Orange County Register as one of the best companies to work for in in Orange County, check out the link https://www.ocregister.com/2018/12/07/top-workplaces-2018-see-the-list-of-all-140-orange-county-honorees/
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.